Saturday, January 30, 2010

Welcome to Saturday Night in Grad School. What to know what I'm doing tonight? I've been working on homework. I did stop to watch a movie on Lifetime. It was titled Lying to Perfection. I really enjoyed this movie. It was about friendship, and letting the woman you are on the inside truly be the woman you are on the outside.

Want to know my plans for tomorrow? Homework! Well, until some people come over to watch a movie, which is HOMEWORK for me. I had a friend who was going to come visit, but something happened back at home (she said everyone is okay, but she had to go home) so she is no longer coming to visit. It makes me sad.

Something else that makes me sad... Michelle. She lives less than 45 minutes from me, but keeps putting off making plans with me. I don't know if it is something I did or did not do. Every time I try to broach the subject she puts it aside. I don't know. Let's just hope I can keep making some friends here. I need connections. I can't stand feeling this alone.

I know that I'm the one who chose to go to school and I KNOW that transitions are hard. The thing I don't know or understand is why, when someone tells you they want to visit with you and that they are free, they then change their mind. I guess I just haven't figured people out yet. Maybe someday... or maybe I'll just retreat into my books. At least they don't reject me.

Speaking of books, one of my assignments for my Children's Lit class is to read a 150 page children's book. Well, I went to the library today and found two. I couldn't decide between them. I'm currently reading 11 Birthdays by Wendy Mass. This book is about two friends named Amanda and Leo. They were born on the same day 11 years ago. From their 1st to their 10th birthday's they always celebrated together, but something happened at the 10th party, and they haven't spoken for an entire year. Now, on the eve of their 11th Birthday they are trying to figure out exactly what happened.

The second book is called The Girl Who Threw Butterflies by Mick Cochrane. This book is about an 8th grader named Molly. She has had a BAD year. Her dad died, her mom ignores her, and her best friend is sitting with someone else. All she wants to do is join the baseball team (her dad loved baseball). The problem: the baseball team is all boys.

Well, now that you know about my pathetic weekend, I hope you are enjoying your even more. Remember that some notes fall down for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment