Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunshine and Saturday

After several days of overcast skies, lack of sleep, and a bad case of the doldrums, I woke Saturday to sunshine through my curtains, and I felt wonderful! Tired of being in the house and watching TV all the time I "kidnapped" dad for an afternoon out-just the 2 of us! We went to Oconto and had lunch at Crivello's (still as good as ever). After lunch we went to the pharmacy where we looked at ... hold your hat, dad looked too ... at nick-knacks! We are beginning to look for new things for our curio cabinet. No purchases though-poor selection. Apparently according to their choices cows, roosters, and indians are the big thing now. They had some great black bears, but dad says he wants to keep them special for Christmas only. Anyway, we then took a ride along the bay up into Peshtigo and back to the Falls. The sun was bright and felt great on our faces and shoulders as we rode. Dad and I talked a lot during our time out. He agreed to start taking walks with me everyday and to do my Richard Simmions with me in the morning (this I can't wait to see)! We also talked about activities we could do and places to go so we are not home all the time! He admitted to getting very stir-crazy too! All-in-all it was a very nice afternoon! I bought myself a new jigsaw puzzle to keep me busy too. It is a marina scene. about 500 pieces. Not too bad.
Last night Jessie and Brad came in. We had them pick up a couple of pizzas for supper for everyone. It was nice. Jessie and I talked a bit about the ideas they have for their wedding so far. They have a lot figured out already, now we have to get things into motion...like reserving the venue. I think I should let her tell you all her plans though... a good topic for sister chat. They also brought their x-box withthem so we could watch net-flix. We watched a comedian (I cant remeber his name) but he is one of the blue collar tri. It was his stand-up act on aging. It was hysterical. He did a bit about empty-nesting and bored wives that included jokes related to taking walks and holding hands. Particularly funny since i had asked dad just that morning to start taking walks with me and his first response had been "you just want an excuse to hold my hand". Too funny for me. The evening ended unfortunately with dad getting a stomach ache and heading to bed, but otherwise a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment