Friday, February 5, 2010

Thursday Night With the Roommate

Want to know about a fun night? This one! I spent it with you roommate. First I made some WONDERFUL homemade cream cheese mashed potatoes (and chicken). Then we watched Bones (a show on FOX). After that Jess had some baking to do. See, she is going home tomorrow for girls night with her mom and friends from home, and she was asked to bring some sweet treats. Jess baked flour-less chocolate torte. It's pretty good. Has the consistency of pudding with the edges of a chewy brownie. It's not bad. Nothing I would really make, but overall something new. Then, we decided... on a whim... to attempt some creme brule. Well, let me tell you, this was QUITE the experience. Who knew that creme brule is egg whites and creme. You beat them together then bake them. We followed the directions, but they are not getting hard. We have now decided maybe they should chill some more. We put them in the fridge for the night. Guess only time will tell! Next time, maybe I'll mix the ingredients (I follow a measurements, Jess guesses!)!! Then, after we had consumed the bits of torte that didn't look pretty we decided to have some fun. We read from my 101 Things to do before your 30 book. We decided that there are a few in there we might accomplish together. Then we started asking each other questions from my "IF" book. We came up with some pretty interesting things. It's fun to learn new things about each other. Then, because we were both feeling bloated we decided it would be a good time to work out.

Now, I haven't worked out in a LONG time, so I'm a bit... rusty. I walked on the treadmill. I don't know why but I LOVE to set the incline up high (as if you are walking up steep hills). I don't really like to walk too fast (no running please... straight lines aren't my friend), so I go up instead. I walked a 30 minute mile. (I think I'm going to feel it tomorrow!) It was nice, just to be able to walk for a little while. Jess doesn't judge me, so I feel comfortable with her. Now Jess... well, she booked it on the elliptical... 3 miles in 30 minutes!!! Go Jess!

After that we came back and talked for a bit more. Now... I'm updating you. I think I'm going to finish my posting, change into pj's then go to bed. I have things to do tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Creme Brule. Pretty hoitie-toitie :)
    Sounds like a great night. I am proud of you for stepping into the work-out again. I have been avoiding it like the plague :P Jess sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete